ah yes, that holiday wish thing that seems to be floating around on some of your journals. . .
first, the obligatory rules/explanations part of one of these things:
Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special."
and second. . .
1. for people to not give each other gifts for xmas, chanukah, kwanzaa, birthdays, etc. but for people to give each other gifts because they want to give. not out of obligation.
2. books. ( i like booksCollapse )
3. a copy of your favourite book. if you give me a copy of yours, i will give you a copy of mine. (i have given a few of you a copy of my favourite one already, and a lot of you know what it is (stranger in a strange land
by robert a. heinlein))(oh, if you would like to do this, drop me a comment first, as i have a lot of books and i may actually already have a copy of your favourite. if that is the case then i will just give you a copy of mine, unless you already have it. and read the copy i already have of yours)
4. motivation to compose more. i have just been out of the habit of writing for a while.
5. to be more fluent in japanese.
7. to go to morimotos restaurant in philly. anyone want to come with me?
8. a burned copy of your favourite cd or cds. or a custom mix cd of some of your favourite stuff. i like having new things to listen to, and am often too lazy to find them myself.
9. less fat on my body
10. random post cards from friends when they travel.
i will put my mailing address and email and phone etc in a friends only post to follow this in just a moment.